The GAPS Diet Book

The GAPS Diet Book

Monday, January 2, 2017

Day Three - Preparing food for the week of work

I initially started GAPS over a week ago on a work day.  I lasted until lunch when I just couldn't function.  I knew the first few days were going to be bad with regards to detox so I stopped my foolishness and ate a "normal" lunch and decided to start GAPS this weekend when I had 3 days off in a row.  Much better plan!

This weekend has been very busy with food preparation.  Knowing I head back to work tomorrow has got me cooking and dehydrating. I made a whole chicken yesterday and then some more broth. Then I dehydrated some organic apples and bananas for snacks at work. Today I broiled up some grass fed steak and lamb chops.   I will next cook up some veggies to add to the meat dishes.  All these will go in the freezer so I can grab and go this week for work. I also made up some ghee as well on Saturday.   We already buy raw milk weekly and I make my own butter. I just took the butter and put it in the oven for an hour or so on 250.

As for my health...suffered horrible hives on my feet all night long.  I had been taking Benadryl on a regular basis since I was a kid.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the hives are from coming off the benadryl.  Typically my hives come and go.  They have never stayed in one area for 12 plus hours.  I broke this morning and took a Claritin.  My asthma is slightly better but still not great.  Hoping once I'm a week into GAPS that many of my allergens causing the asthma will be out of my body. It's so frustrating. I even started back on my Chinese herbs for asthma but no difference yet from yesterday.

My aches and pains are mostly gone.  Had a few muscle aches in my shoulders this morning but now they are gone. My fatigue is better. I feel able to get things done today and yesterday without lingering fatigue or having to push myself. Overall worse than yesterday but nothing like day one.  I remain very optimistic and will continue down this path full speed!

One other thing...I have noticed something bizarre about my skin.  I've developed itchy bumps that break open when I scratch.  The skin around these bumps is strong so it's not bad.  But the bumps turn into small sores that have a pink/red ring around them as if they are infected. None of them hurt or draining anything.  Must be toxins pushing to the surface and the redness is an inflammatory response to the toxins?  They are only on my skin where I have a lot of fat.  I have none on my face, neck, hands or feet.  Just an interesting observation.

Below are pictures of my apple and banana chips, my ghee, and my meaty bone broth.













No comments:

Post a Comment