The GAPS Diet Book

The GAPS Diet Book

Saturday, January 14, 2017

2nd Week Over and things are looking up!

I completed my second week of GAPS.  So far so good.  The temptations are getting easier and easier to deal with.  Last night we went out to dinner for the first time in months.  We headed to Cracker Barrel our favorite place to eat. It's not 100% GAPS friendly as I'm sure the meat is not from grass fed cows and the veggies are not organic, but life is life and we need to make adjustments for those times when we need to travel or eat out.  So I kept to the meat and veggies and did not stray into the dairy or gluten areas.  It was hard given I LOVE LOVE LOVE their Mac and cheese! Oh and their dumplings!  But I held strong and got through it.

As for how I feel...well still tired but not exhausted like the first week.  No longer dealing tired at work... just when I get home I have little energy left for anything but getting my dinner ready and putting my feet up.  I need to start exercising soon but the fatigue at the end of the day is just too much. I think I'll do some exercising this weekend and pick just 2 days during the week like Tuesday and Thursday.   Hopefully that will be just enough to get me going and hopefully give a burst to my energy levels.

My skin continues to go through changes.  No more big sores.  Instead I'm getting tiny bumps that itch like crazy in small patches here and there.  There is no rhyme or reason to them. They are just annoying because of the itch.  Also my neck has been itching day and night.  I have no rash or eczema there nor any broken areas from scratching. It's just weird because it seems to be constant for the last 4 or 5 days and it won't stop.

I think if my skin doesn't calm down soon, I'm going to have to play around with my food.  Maybe take out ghee and fruit.  I'm not eating a lot of either, but I have a strong reaction to dairy so maybe the ghee itself is just too much for me right now.

Anyway,  that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment