The GAPS Diet Book

The GAPS Diet Book

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week One Done!

I was too tired on Friday after work to blog, and yesterday I was super busy....you know grocery shopping and lots of COOKING!  I have had more energy the last few days than I had all week. Nothing spectacular, but I wasn't bone crushed tired.  Thursday and Friday at work were great because I no longer felt like I just wanted to sleep!  But the evenings of the last 3 days, if I sat down, I was done.  My work schedule has me up at 5 am so by 9 pm I'm ready for bed!

Food so far has been good.  I've been so hungry and thirsty the last 3 or 4 days as well.  I seem to be eating quite a bit but not worried about it.  I just eat more salad or meat or fruit.  I drink lots of good water and instead of bringing 2 regular water bottles to work, I'm now going to start bringing 1 liter bottles to work.  I haven't added anything new to my diet except cashews - which made me itch terribly last night.  So those are a no go for now.  I made some GAPS friendly muffins yesterday but they are made with almond flour.  Not sure I need to just stay away from cashews right now or all nuts.  I will take a little test sample today and see how I do.

Have been drinking more broth - just made 2 chickens yesterday in my big stock pot and added in onions, garlic, carrots, parsley, leeks, and celery.  My broth now has a green tint to it!  But I'm sure it is infused with lots of great nutrients!

Skin wise - almost all my sores are healed - just a few lingering in the end stage healing part.  My lips got super chapped 2 days ago and are quite sore.  But it has been only high of 20 degrees the last few days here so I'm sure the bitter cold has a bit to do with that.  My eczema patches are nearly gone.  I have a few on my arms and small areas on my face, but otherwise I'm still clearing up slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment