The GAPS Diet Book

The GAPS Diet Book

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Beating temptation!

I think the hardest part with being on the GAPS diet AND working full time is the endless amounts of temptations at work. I'm a nurse and work in the cath lab.  Our job is very demanding and can be very stressful due to the critical nature of what we do.  With that said, food becomes a source of fuel when we are running on empty and have only 5 minutes to eat for lunch.  In other words we often grab and go.  Or we get take out paid for by the numerous drug and equipment reps.  Today pizza was ordered for us.  But thankfully they also ordered salads and chicken wings. I had a few wings and a basic salad with my own dressing I keep in the fridge.  It wasn't easy passing up the pizza but I knew when I started GAPS that this was going to happen so for weeks now I've been mentally preparing myself to just say no.  Oh...and keeping healthy snacks in my pocket keeps me from getting too hungry which helps from making the mistake of eating off the diet.  So far so good! 11 days down.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment