The GAPS Diet Book

The GAPS Diet Book

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Day 4 - Back to.Work!

My first day at work on GAPS went well overall.   Slight cravings but no cheating. Felt hungry most of the day but able to offset the hunger with my banana and apple chips.  The biggest obstacle I will run into is the temptations at work. I work in a department where we get a lot of visits from drug and equipment reps who always guys us lunch.  Great....I know.  But most restaurant food is not GAPS friendly.   It will be a test of my willpower for sure.

As for my asthma....it kept getting worse.  My new insurance doesn't kick in until Feb 1st so I have to wait to see a doctor to ask for cromolyn inhaler.  I broke down at midnight and started back on my Singulair. It works so amazing for my asthma but I get horrible side effects.  I am considering going back to homeopathy for my health.  I think it would work better while I'm on GALS.  Other than my asthma, everything else is status quo.  My sores seem to be healing which is good.  My fatigue is the same...no better and no worse.  My skin seems to be improving overall.  The eczema seems to be fading. Still have hives on my feet.  But today they weren't bad at all.

My diet consists of meat,  cooked veggies, some fruit...not much, and a few cashews here and there.  Oh....and of course the broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment